[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Tragic News about Sonny Bonds...

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Tragic News about Sonny Bonds...

Discussion about the Police Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby killjoy » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:12 am

Sonny Bonds died today. :shock: He died in the line of duty attempting to apprehend a suspected hit and run driver, who also happened to be an explosives expert who rigged an improvised device on his bedroom door (of all places).

Okay, so maybe it's not so tragic, and only marginally Police Quest related, but I just bought SWAT 3, and of course when I created my new character I re-created Sonny Bonds, well, he got killed in the line of action soon after I started playing.

At first I didn't think anything of it, but then I decided to take a screenshot and post it here because, well... if anyone on earth would find this amusing, it'd be right here, and yeah, that's the closest guy that you can play that looks like him, doesn't look a thing like him if you ask me.

Surprisingly enough, (Sonny's wife) does makes an appearance in the game, though it's in name only, as she's listed as a hostage in one of the scenarios.

Anyhoo, I hope at least someone broke a smile over this. :twisted:
killjoy
Roger's Broom Handle

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Robin » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:29 am

That IS an interesting find. I hear Swat 4 has a screenshot of Space Quest 4 box art on one of the computers in the game, it was shown on one of the screenshots which I can't find right now.
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby killjoy » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:58 am

killjoy
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Dustin » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:47 pm

-Dustin
Dustin
Saurus Herder

Postby QuestCollector » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:16 pm

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby killjoy » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:53 pm

killjoy
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Robin » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:01 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Return to Police Quest