[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Stuck in Longbow!

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Stuck in Longbow!

Discussion about the Conquests Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Stuck in Longbow!

Postby Grand Dad » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:23 am

TRUTH is most beautiful when naked while adversity is the straightest path to TRUTH. The soil moist with tears best sprouts the seeds of TRUTH!
Grand Dad
Jesse Bains's Protege

Stuck in Longbow!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Robin » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:20 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby WanderLady » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:07 pm

It also has been awhile since I played it, but I believe you have to practice your archery.

From the campsite go right, and then north(I think). Then talk and practice as long as you want. When you leave, I believe the day ends.
WanderLady
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Grand Dad » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:42 am

Wanderlady you may be right, I'll try that next time I play it...thanks :)
Peace be with you too.

And Robin, thanks for the walkthrough, but as I said I've already saved the the girl by shooting the man (please read my earlier problem :wink: ).
I have the walkthu. already...remember you yourself advised me to Google search for it :!:

All the best.
TRUTH is most beautiful when naked while adversity is the straightest path to TRUTH. The soil moist with tears best sprouts the seeds of TRUTH!
Grand Dad
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby faeornran » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:42 pm

you have to visit the widow and her 3 sons.
That hopefully won't be edited out, but that's all you have to do!
faeornran
Saurus Herder

Postby WanderLady » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:57 pm

WanderLady

Postby Grand Dad » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:23 am

Oh! No, no the Widow WAS visited earlier, but WanderLady you were right, it WAS the ARCHERY RANGE after all.

NOW here's something new...Stuck again, this time for want of a blasted MANUAL :oops: :cry: on the 5th. day in the Fens (Monks), I need to give three correct answers (choose 3 correct stones) and guessing doesn't help. Remember my saying I'd played it more than 20 odd years ago, and never suspected my fondness for these oldies will be revived in the winter of my life!

So any idea Guys 'n' Gals where do I get the Manual.

Regards.
Grand Dad
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby King Graham » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:37 pm

Is this what you're looking for? 8)

(direct link to PDF file)
King Graham
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Grand Dad » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:26 am

Grand Dad
Jesse Bains's Protege

Gramps!

Postby Grand Dad » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:35 am

Grand Dad
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby WanderLady » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:30 pm

I do apologize. I do not mean to be misleading, just...surreptitious and mysterious.
It is a pseudonym of sorts.
WanderLady

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:28 am

Postby WanderLady » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:35 am

Sorry for the delay, Gramps.
It is rather lengthy but here are the rules for 9 Men's Morris from the manual:

-- There are 24 points on the board where a piece may be placed. These are the corners of the squares and the places where the connecting lines intersect.
-- The object of the game is to create "mills" and remove your opponent's pieces from the board until he has only two pieces left or is unable to make any moves.
-- A "mill" is 3 of the same player's pieces laid in a row with no vacant points between them.
-- Each time a player moves a piece to create a mill, he can remove one of his opponent's pieces. Diagonals do not count.

-- How to begin: determine which player gets the first move. That player puts 1 piece on any vacant point. Then the other player does 1 piece. Turns are taken until all 9 pieces are placed.
-- While the players put down the 9 pieces, each one should try to do 2 things: create a mill, or prevent the other player from making one.
-- Once all remaining pieces (not counting any lost because an opponent created a mill) have been placed on the board, the second part of the game is for the players to continue taking turns moving 1 of their pieces to an adjacent vacant point on the board. A player may not jump over her own or another's pieces. Moves must be made along lines only. A piece cannot jump spaces.
-- A player who has made a mill may not take a piece from an opponent's mills unless there are no other pieces to take.
-- A new mill may be formed by a player moving one of her pieces from an existing mill (so it's no longer a mill) in one turn and moving it back into the same place to recreate the mill on her next turn (provided the other player doesn't block the space.) And that's it. Have fun!

Phew! Verbose!
WanderLady

Return to Conquests