[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Lost Copy Protection of Leisure Suit Larry??? Look Here

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Lost Copy Protection of Leisure Suit Larry??? Look Here

Discussion about the LSL Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby BoosTDIt » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:37 am

Leisure Suit Larry 1

Trivia Quiz Age Check

While this isn't copy protection per se, it is a pain in the butt.

In the original, 1987 EGA version, you can bypass the trivia quiz completely by just pressing Alt-X.

In the remade, 1991 VGA version, I was much more sophisticated.
There you can bypass the quiz by pressing Ctrl-Alt-X.

Leisure Suit Larry 2

Manual-Based Copy Protection

When I was testing the game, I quickly grew tired of looking up the telephone numbers of all those girls so
I made my birthday a substitute for any or all of them: 0724.
(Of course, there's a 555- before that number.)

And now that you know Al's birthday, Send him a card!

Leisure Suit Larry 3

Trivia Quiz Age Check

Wait for the actuall questions to start and
Like in the remake (LSL1-VGA) press Ctrl+Alt+Del ..i'm kidding +X

Weight Machines

Think you've found a bug? Can't get past the weight machines?
Check the Troubleshooting page at
http://www.allowe.com/Larry/troubleshooting.htm

When a character in the game asks you to find a ticket number
on some certain page, just use this table. Note that no
ticket numbers are greater than 65,535.
Why do you suppose that is?

Page Ticket Number
3 00741

5 55811

6 30004

8 18608

11 32841

12 00993

15 09170

18 49114

19 33794

22 54482

Locker Combination

After getting Suzi Cheatem's Fat City membership card,
turn it over to discover the names of three island businesses.
Look in the manual (or use the chart below) to find the page
on which those businesses advertise. Write down those three
numbers. They're the combination to your Fat City locker
(which is, of course, locker #69).

Page # Business

2 Pink Flamingo

8 Comedy Hut

9 Nontoonyt Community Center

10 Island Computer Center

10 Bippi’s Island Liquors

12 Freddi’s Feral Bar-B-Q

12 Panti of the Month Club

12 Chip ‘n’ Dale’s

13 Island Office and Voodoo Supply

16 Dewey, Cheatem and Howe

17 Witch Doctor Appearance Center

18 Piggi’s Coffee Shop

19 Nontoonyt Nectarine Advisory Board

23 Fat City

24 Hurtz Rent-A-Bike

Getting Through The Maze

The shortest possible path to get Patti through the bamboo
maze is hidden in the manual, in the lyrics to the song about
Nectarines on pages 14-19 of Nontoonyt Tonite
("Never, never, ever eat nectarines washed...").

Write down the first letter of every word in that song and
you'll have the directions to get you through the maze.
In case you've lost your manual,
it's N-N-E-E-N-W-N-E-N-N-N-W-W-S-W-W-N-N-W-N.

While in the maze, you will get thirsty, but don't
"drink the water" until you are literally crawling!
When you see Patti on her knees, then drink.

Leisure Suit Larry 4

I lost those documents somhere in the basement when i was moving.

Leisure Suit Larry 5

Here are the ticket codes you need to use with the
airports' ATM (automated ticket machine).

Leisure Suit Larry 6

By the time Larry 6 came out, we're no longer worried
about copy protection, assuming that CD-ROM burners would
never be affordable.
So there is none........

Leisure Suit Larry 7

Cheat at Liar's Dice
Can't get past Dewmi Moore? I don't blame you. I couldn't
either! (Or at least I never wanted to spend enough time
while we were testing the game.)

So we put in a little cheat to make it easier for me
(and I left it in for you): Dewmi's dice cup slides off so
you can see what she sees! (But she can't see yours.)

Alt-Drag the lid anywhere on the screen and it will stay
there. (Alt-Drag means "hold down the Alt key, click
down on Dewmi's dice cup as you drag it.) You still have
to know how to play Liar's Dice, but it's a whole lot easier
when you can see her hand!

Courtesy of Al Lowe
(used without permission to link to the codes picture)
So right-click it and save!!!!!!!
Last edited by BoosTDIt on Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~ _\___
~SMOKEE~~/ - - \___
~~~~~~~=\(@)_(@)/
BoosTDIt
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Robin » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:22 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby BoosTDIt » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:10 pm

~~~~~~~ _\___
~SMOKEE~~/ - - \___
~~~~~~~=\(@)_(@)/
BoosTDIt

Postby Robin » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:58 am

Ya! sorry! :D :shock: :D
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby BoosTDIt » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:21 am

Well i think that will be it for this topic... :P
I'm just ranking up posts to see what my next describtion will be under my user ID :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~~~~~~~ _\___
~SMOKEE~~/ - - \___
~~~~~~~=\(@)_(@)/
BoosTDIt

Postby Austin2359 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:52 pm

Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Spong » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:34 pm

If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby 4th guy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:48 am

4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby Spong » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:01 am

If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby Austin2359 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:27 am

Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Return to Leisure Suit Larry