[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Leisure Suit Larry 5 - Slash!

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Leisure Suit Larry 5 - Slash!

Discussion about the LSL Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Xenon Explosion » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:37 am

Saw this on ebay and thought I'd post it to add to the "Slash info" archives. Notice this copy of LSL5 has the system requirements sticker ONLY on the spine, the box is not glossy/embossed, and everything is photocopied:

But notice the disks are the rainbow style, NOT the later "flying disk" style.
Still, it's a Slash for sure.

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Larry53 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:39 pm

It's not a slash but a value game :!: (a sierra re-release)
with low quality materials...
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby Xenon Explosion » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:59 pm

I thought Sierra value games, released by Sierra, all had color manuals and inserts.
The difference is in the sticker on the shrinkwrap. Some said "Tech Support Provided Thru..." and some just said "No Tech Support Provided"

I'm sure the ones with "No tech support" and photocopied manuals are actually "slash" --- there's a difference between just black & white docs and actual photocopies on plain paper (I've seen both on a KQ5 release)

It's easy to distinguish between a Slash and an authentic Sierra re-release with the thin AGI/SCI boxes, but with the big boxes and CDs it's much harder to tell.

I have two QFG4's on CD, same box art but slightly different sizes of fonts and graphics. There is NO indication that EITHER of them are Value-Priced, (all include the same materials) except the one with the slightly different font size has a "Slash Corporation" registration card instead of one for Sierra.

Of course, this is just information I've discovered on my own based on the copies I've come across. It's very difficult to tell what Sierra's release pattern was. I've seen 6 different Space Quest 4 packages, all with different contents in them (manual styles, disk labels, catalogs, etc).

Here's a couple more I found on ebay:
One with Black & White Playspy, but color manual & Aerodork:

One with photocopied materials, but color manual:

notice BOTH have the blue Ega/Vga sticker on the front, but the Boxes don't look glossy. First Editions of LSL5 are glossy and have the old style, text-only system requirements sticker, or one with the text folded over the front:

First Editions have the rainbow Sierra Game Manual, and the "Larry's First Time" insert. Later issues have the manual with the computer on it and no insert.
And then there's the variations in the PlaySpy magazines! I'll save all that for another time...

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Larry53 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:29 am

The disks are all the same :idea:

So for me it's all sierra editions.

I had a LSL 3 slash version and it was very cheap :!:
like this:
Nothing compare with the value version of your game.
Larry53

Postby Xenon Explosion » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:38 pm

Did your Slash LSL3 come in a 2-piece box? I have one with all photocopied stuff in it and those b/w printed disk labels but the box is actually pretty nice. It has the barcode on the side. I don't have pix of it right now though...

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Larry53 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:04 pm

Larry53

Return to Leisure Suit Larry