[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Leisure Suit Larry: Land of the Lounge Lizards contents

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Leisure Suit Larry: Land of the Lounge Lizards contents

Discussion about the LSL Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Tseki » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:04 pm

Hello,

I would like to know your Larry 1's contents (pink label version). Vintage-sierra says '87 catalog but there are two '87 catalogs etc.

If you have pink labeled Larry 1 CIB please post picture of the contents, thank you !

My Larry 1:
Last edited by Tseki on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tseki
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Xenon Explosion » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:37 am

Wow! You've got a first edition there with the custom labels! I would assume that it's also supposed to include the 1987 catalog, if at all. According to Al Lowe, Larry 1 shipped around June 2nd or 3rd 1987, (just a few days after the date stamp on VOL.01) so it's hard to tell which catalog would be included.

The copy I have is a later issue, on the mountain label disks, with a Summer '88 catalog inside. (but on the UPC sticker, it shows my particular copy shipped 8-18-88, so that would make sense)

Hope this helps, and congrats on Lefty's napkin!

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Larry53 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:57 am

When i see the "Left's Cocktail Napkin" in the box, with this sorts of details i realize that these games were real collectors. :)
Nothing compare to the actual games in a plastic case...
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby Tseki » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:21 pm

I now have registration card and '87 Mountain catalog included but I'm still not sure if Larry 1 ever shipped with Mountain catalog, I'm sure about the registration card.
Tseki

Postby Spong » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:59 pm

Wow You have some Rare Sierra games :)
If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby Tseki » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:51 am

Tseki

Postby Tseki » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:39 am

Tseki

Postby QuestCollector » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:51 pm

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Tseki » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:04 pm

Tseki

Postby QuestCollector » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Tseki, here is a pic, of my Larry 1. This is everything in my box excluding the catalog 1987.

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Tseki » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:55 pm

Tseki

Postby Tseki » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:21 am

If someone else have Larry 1 '87 (pink labels) version please post picture of the contents. Thank you.
Tseki

Postby Xenon Explosion » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:16 am

OMG there were TWO different versions of Lefty's napkin?? Or is that the front/back sides??

Tseki -- QuestCollector is right... little things like flyers for game offers (or in this case, "Smart Money") or little leaflets like that changed constantly. Whatever Sierra was promoting or changing at the time went in the box at the time.

In other words, a Larry from October 87 probably has different extras in the box than Larry from March 88. I've been trying hard to compile a list of the various contents I come across but it's getting to be nearly impossible for several reasons: The games are used so there's no telling what "originally" came inside, and there's so many different little variations (like the 16c/256c order forms, replacement disk forms, Sprint offers, etc.) that it's turning out the contents are more random than anything.

It's an interesting debate, though, as to what constitutes a "complete" game. To me, as long as it has all disks, manuals, extra booklets, and any "souvenirs" that came with it, it's complete. Even if it's missing a little 3x5 ReadMe card. :)

Tseki -- maybe you could take a picture of all of the different registration card styles you came across?

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Tseki » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:11 am

Tseki

Postby Tseki » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:41 am

Tseki

Return to Leisure Suit Larry