[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - So does anyone like Space Quest 6?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

So does anyone like Space Quest 6?

Discussion about the Space Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Magnifico » Sat May 21, 2005 4:15 pm

Magnifico
Otto's Yo-Yo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 4th guy » Sat May 21, 2005 9:34 pm

4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby Robin » Sun May 22, 2005 9:07 am

Space Quest 5 & 4 were the best, pitty SQ5 never made it to CD release, I could just imagine Garry telling up how dumb we are. :lol:
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Maxor127 » Sun May 22, 2005 10:00 am

I liked SQ6. It wasn't the greatest Space Quest game but I still think it captured the Space Quest feel and the cartoony graphics actually fit it, unlike the horrible KQ7.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby killjoy » Sun May 22, 2005 11:42 pm

SQ6 was okay, it wasn't the ending the series deserved by any means though. I was highly disappointed when Sierra dropped the text-parsing system in favor of point and click...

On the plus side, it has fantastic voice acting, Roger sounded great, the narrator (Gary Owens) was just outstanding... I wish they had gone back with him to narrate all the previous games, not redo them with "Better Graphics" and "Now With Less Typing, And More Clicky Clicky!" but just have a speech pack with Gary Owens saying "As you lie on the floor in a carbogelatinous heap, you can't help but wonder why you bothered getting up this morning!"... I'd die laughing. :D

In the end, Space Quest VI wasn't that great a Space Quest game, and certainly not a proper ending for the sieries at all, but at least they haven't made a mess of the franchise by making a Space Quest VII like they "made" Leisure Suit Larry: Manga Cum Laude...
killjoy
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Robin » Mon May 23, 2005 7:30 am

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Maxor127 » Mon May 23, 2005 10:24 am

Maxor127

Postby odino » Sat May 28, 2005 6:07 am

odino
Saurus Herder

Postby Robin » Sat May 28, 2005 12:56 pm

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby odino » Tue May 31, 2005 6:45 am

odino
Saurus Herder

Postby Maxor127 » Tue May 31, 2005 11:40 am

The only disappointment I had with SQ6 was when I won it and it was over.
Maxor127

Postby Dustin » Tue May 31, 2005 4:43 pm

I thought SQ6 was pretty good. :D
-Dustin
Dustin
Saurus Herder

Re: So does anyone like Space Quest 6?

Postby mcdonis » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:38 am

mcdonis
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Maxor127 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:46 am

That's how I felt with KQ7. I didn't like it at all and it felt like a chore to play but I stuck with it hoping it would get better and just to know I beat it since I'd played, won, and loved all of the previous KQ games.
Maxor127

Postby odino » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:45 pm

odino
Saurus Herder

Next

Return to Space Quest