[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Worst Space Quest Chapter and why?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Worst Space Quest Chapter and why?

Discussion about the Space Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

No votes
44%
No votes
No votes
19%
6%
13%
13%
6%
No votes

Total votes : 16

Postby Robin » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:18 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 4th guy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:55 am

4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby Robin » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:23 am

I thought you said SQ2 was your favourite? :shock:
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby King Graham » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:22 am

Space Quest 2.

Dislikes:

- Somewhat lacking in story
- Generally boring locales
- Lack of characters
- Weak graphics compared to most of the other SQ games.
(Graphics aren't everything but they are something.)

- Some fun things to do, such as swim, swing, etc...
- It set things up nicely for the other games.
King Graham
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby 4th guy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:07 am

4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby Robin » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:03 am

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby QuestCollector » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:53 am

Space Quest 2 was good, just not as good as the others. For some reason SQ2 just wasn't as fun as the others, and was boring in a lot of places. The puzzles weren't as fun either. Some parts took a good bit of time to solve, and text parser was bad in some places in the game. Like when you try to go down in the hole where the pink guys are. Still a fun game and a great addition to the series, just not the best.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby 4th guy » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:26 am

4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby Phatt » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:58 pm

I wouldn't say SQ2 is the worst, it's more my least favourite, mainly for all the reasons posted above.
"If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read 'President Can't Swim'."

~ Lyndon B. Johnson
Phatt
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Blahdiedadie » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:35 pm

I think that the CD-ROM version of Space Quest 4 is the worst because it is just so buggy and full of timer issues, this really spoiled the game for me even though I loved the original floppy release.

I thought that Space Quest 2 was quite good even though the puzzles weren't that hard. I agree that is is somehow different from the other parts but that did not bother me at all. I didn't think that the locales were boring, I actually quite enjoyed making progress through the jungle. I also did not find the story any weaker than that of the other games, I mean, it's not like SQ1 or SQ3 had anything more to offer storywise. I'm probably biased because this is one of the first Sierra games I played (along with SQ1, PQ1 and Larry 1) , maybe I have to replay it because I just remember it as being soooo good! :D

The 'put gem in mouth' part sucked though, took me weeks before I figured that one out. :roll:
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Blahdiedadie
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby King Graham » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:54 pm

King Graham
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Robin » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:43 am

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Blahdiedadie » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:40 am

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Blahdiedadie
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby 4th guy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:08 am

Last edited by 4th guy on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby Robin » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:19 am

Tell me about, I didnt bother with the CD version. I settled with DISK. :lol:
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Next

Return to Space Quest