[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - SQ1VGA Retro Edition

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

SQ1VGA Retro Edition

Discussion about the Space Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

SQ1VGA Retro Edition

Postby MusicallyInspired » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:32 pm

Something people would find interesting? Been working on this last night and all day today. I'm making it as a kind of patch or MOD, if you will, that can go on top of the original game.

"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

SQ1VGA Retro Edition

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Larry53 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:12 am

What is it :?:
A sort of star trek version :?:
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby MusicallyInspired » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:27 am

Uh....no.

Roger has been altered to resemble the Roger from SQ1 AGI. Hence the word "retro".

AGI Version

VGA/Retro Version
Image Image

AGI Version

VGA/Retro Version
Image Image
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Larry53 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:22 am

Whaou, you're a purist :!: :!:
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby MusicallyInspired » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:39 am

No....I'm not. I just enjoy the look of SQ1AGI and I thought it'd be neat to change SQ1VGA to reflect that. Would be perfect FOR purists, though.
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Weaver1497 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:55 am

Hey I like this idea! I always played the remakes first and then the AGI versions if that was all that is available.

What other changes are you making?
Weaver1497
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:05 pm

I always wondered why Roger's hair went from brown to blonde. And the Quest for Glory hero's hair went from blonde to brown.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby MusicallyInspired » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:59 pm

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:26 pm

Ok, here's BETA 1, boys and girls. Just unrar to your SQ1VGA directory. Let me know what you guys think. Not a whole lot of sprites have been done. I think I have all the purple suit sprites changed, but there are still TONS more space suit ones to be changed and they take the longest because of so many differences.

Let me know how it looks for you.

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Maxor127 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:32 am

Hmmm for some reason I remembered it being more of a light brown in the VGA games. I guess I'm on crack or my VGA colors were messed up back then.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Xenon Explosion » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:34 am

Hmmm. Could you change the AGI version to reflect the VGA version too? Oh wait, that wouldn't make any sense.... ;)

Looks awesome! I'm still waiting for the day when someone will tackle a VGA version of Colonel's Bequest, incorporating the parser into the point-n-click like with Larry 7. OR! When you click "ask" or "talk" on a character, you get a drop-down menu for a dialog tree like in GK1. That would be a hard game to remake since typing is a major factor in solving the mystery.

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby MusicallyInspired » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:42 am

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby MusicallyInspired » Tue May 01, 2007 11:20 pm

Just to plug once again, I now have a website dedicated to this little project on my new and improved (overhauled) website.

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Return to Space Quest