[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Space Quest.. the movie?!

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Space Quest.. the movie?!

Discussion about the Space Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Austin2359 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:18 pm

Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LinkDraogn85 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:19 pm

LinkDraogn85
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby LinkDraogn85 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:31 pm

I made a transcript of Part 2.. why? I dunno.
But it will be a big help if/when someone is willing to do voices.
I went and added voice to most of Part 2 using my own voice last night,
but I felt silly about it and my voice is too blah.. :?

Voices Needed
Roger Wilco
Captain
Scientist
Sarien
Ship's Computer
Narrator

If someone wants to be the Narrator, I'll have to tell you exactly
what your lines will be.. because it isn't exactly laid-out as easily
as the rest of the character's lines are.

But I digress, on with the show!

<When we last left our hero..>

<We see Roger holding up the body of his dying captain>

Captain: Roger!

Captain: <dying> The keycard.. you must.. find it..

<The captain dies.>

<Cut to Roger pacing>

Roger: Hm.. I wonder if he's talking about this thing I found earlier?

Roger: But now what? And where do I go?

<Alarm goes off>

<Roger turns around, surprised, to see what it was>

Roger: What was that?

Ship's Computer: Destruct sequence engaged.

Roger: Wuh-oh.

Ship's Computer: 15 minutes till detonation.

<Suddenly, the door opens, and in stumbles one of the head scientists!>

Roger: <sick> Eugh!

<Roger runs over to the scientist>

Scientist: <lying on the floor> Wilco, you better get out of here if you value your life!

Scientist: The Sariens.. they took the-- <cough> ..Star Generator!

Scientist: You have to.. stop them!

Scientist: <grabs onto Roger> Cartridge-- <cough> black holes!

<The scientist dies>

<Cut to Roger using the computer>

Roger: I accessed the computer's cartridge retrieval program..

Roger: And input the code for 'Black Holes'.

<Robot retrieves cartridge and hands it to Roger>

Roger: This must be it! Now to get out of here!

<Roger runs out>

<We see Roger walking down a corridor, all heroic-like>

Roger: <hums/whistles Space Quest tune>

<Cut to corridor with Sariens at attention>

Sarien: Assemble!

Sarien: Find and eliminate..

<Sarien punches wall>

Sarien: ROGER WILCO!

<Meanwhile..>

<Cut to Roger accessing escape pod bay controls>

Roger: I've unlocked access to the escape pod bay.

Roger: Now to get off this piece of scrap!

<Roger runs down the corridor, chased by Sariens>

<Roger is seen accessing the docking bay controls>

Roger: I've opened the docking bay doors..

Roger: Now to slip on a spacesuit.

<Roger is seen walking through a doorway,
then he is seen in a spacesuit walking to his escape pod>

Roger: One small step for man.. one giant leap for janitor!

<Escape pod enters space and is seen flying>

Roger: The controls are set to AutoNav.. hmm.. course set to.. Kerona?

<To be continued..>
LinkDraogn85
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Larry53 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:32 pm

Great work :!:

I had the impression that it was the new game.
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby Austin2359 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:52 pm

Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:57 pm

Postby MikEBorG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:22 pm

That's a very great idea. It would be awesome to have a movie based on those comics, and it would run more like a real movie too, for obvious reasons.

You will be basing it on all three issues, I assume?
"Where there's a Wilco, there's a way!!!"
MikEBorG
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Maxor127 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:52 am

Where do movies go when you export them? I'm playing around with the movie player and I exported the War Is Hell movie that comes with the game, and after waiting about a half hour for it to finish, I looked for it on my computer and couldn't find it. I checked the desktop, my documents, c:, the movies folder in program files, the movies folders in my documents. Or else I missed a step exporting, but I don't see how.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby MikEBorG » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:36 pm

Did you try searching for the file using "Search"?
MikEBorG
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Maxor127 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:13 pm

Yep... first thing I tried to do. Where do your movies get saved to? BTW, I noticed gogamer.com was having a sale for the game for $35. It's annoying that the Premiere edition is so expensive.
Maxor127

Postby MikEBorG » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:36 pm

MikEBorG
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Maxor127 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:32 pm

Maxor127

Postby MikEBorG » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:13 am

MikEBorG
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Morcus » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:33 pm

I just thought I would let you know that I enjoyed your movies. They really are pretty cool.
Morcus

I'm baaaaaack.

Postby LinkDraogn85 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:40 pm

Hey guys! Thought I was dead, didn't you? :)

Well, at first I decided to give up on this project. There were a lot of limitations with The Movies that were keeping me from continuing the project the way I wanted to. Well, since then, the expansion, Stunts and Effects, came out. I picked it up and I did a short part 3, which was actually one of the parts I had major problems with. I didn't know how I could do the whole escape pod/crash landing scene very well at all. It seemed like everything I needed just wasn't there. Stunts and Effects fixed about 95% of the problems. And there's not really any limitations I can see from here on that aren't fixed, or can't be fixed through customization. So I'm officially restarting work on this project. I'm not going to directly remake the game or the comic. I'm going to use a mixture of both, along with my own ideas (when truly needed) to craft something new, that works, and that everyone will enjoy. Being confined by what's already been made isn't easy. It's hard to work some things in. I actually just realized another problem I might run in to, at the part with skimmer.. (that's how short part 3 was, heh..)

Anyways, I'm going to do my best to work things out, even if it means changing a few things here and there. I'm going to do a basic runthrough of scenes in the game, scenes in the comic, blend them together and see what I can do, what I can't do, what works, what doesn't work, draw upon my own ideas to fill in the gaps, and work from there. I'm going to start from scratch, of course, and possibly attempt to make one huge movie out of it all.

And if you'd like to view part 3, you can find it here!
http://www.uploading.com/en/?get=NBF6UDBB

I'll be back with another update in a few days. :D
LinkDraogn85
Roger's Broom Handle

PreviousNext

Return to Space Quest