[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Space Quest.. the movie?!

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Space Quest.. the movie?!

Discussion about the Space Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Kenneth » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:18 pm

Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LinkDraogn85 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:50 pm

Hmm.. I really can't be sure about how long the finished movie will be.

I'm going to flesh things out much better than I did before. I've made many mistakes in part 1, 2, and 3, and I aim to make sure I learn from them. I want the finished movie to be very well done, well detailed, and everything.

I'd love to get speech in there as well, and I'm going to see what I can do about that, because there's no way I could do voices for all the characters by myself and it sound okay. But if I were to guesstimate.. I'd say.. at the very least, 30 minutes. Even though right now that seems like it might be a bit short. But who knows.

Also, there's a very good possibility I'm going to make the movie in such a way that everything that Roger does to "solve a puzzle" might not exactly work. So you'll see him trying different ways to get things done, rather than he just knows exactly what to do and viola, the day is saved. :) And that in itself would extend the length of the movie.
LinkDraogn85
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Johnathon » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:54 pm

Good idea.

I think you should maybe consider Roger trying things which (in the game) would get him killed, without letting him die, before trying the correct ways.

If you don't catch my drift, here's an example:

Roger tries to walk over the grate in the underground tunnel, the tentacled beast (which would definately catch him in the game) nearly catches him and freaks him out. He realizes he's going to have to think about this one some more. Eventually, he figures out how to use the sticky plant.

And it would in fact make sense to have Roger try all dangerous/erroneous ways first for the puzzles about 9 out of 10 times for your movie, considering how air-headed he's supposed to be.

Perhaps you've thought of this already, because it does seem a natural conclusion on what should be done, to me anyways, but just in case, I thought I'd mention it. You have the right idea for wanting to lengthen your film. Now, take full advantage of it. It would not only lengthen it, but would also serve to help it make more sense, to portray Roger even better as well, and not to mention, plenty of humor and tension. This is my advice.
"Where there's a Wilco, there's a way!!!"
Johnathon
Rakeesh's Court Jester

Postby LinkDraogn85 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:18 pm

I did have something like that in mind.. although I'm still not sure if I'll even be able to use the tentacle monster. There's no monster (that I'm aware of) that would be anywhere near the same as the tentacle monster. Which is a real shame. :? But I'm not going to let that or anything else like that keep me from pushing forward with my project. I got anxious and instead of actually writing out the story like I said I was going to, I just dived right in and started trying stuff out. I've got various scenes already done, because I'm just so happy with the way that they turned out. I fixed my previous problem regarding the skimmer. Most of the scenes involving it are already finished. :D
LinkDraogn85
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Johnathon » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:11 pm

I think it's wise of you to keep moving ahead and not let issues like the tentacled monster (as you desscribed) hold you back. A project as big as the one you're trying to tackle, will take long enough anway, you'll have plenty of opportunity to figure it out and add it later. Just keep revamping.

And keep up the good work. :)
"Where there's a Wilco, there's a way!!!"
Johnathon
Rakeesh's Court Jester

Previous

Return to Space Quest