[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Request about KQ6

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Request about KQ6

Discussion about the King's Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Request about KQ6

Postby Prisma » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:07 pm

Hello everyone!

Recently found out about Vintage Sierra, and thankfully I did, because I'm fairly sure you people can help me in my distress of sorts.

I bought King's Quest 6 (Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow) 3.5" version on Ebay, near mint condition, but apparently the floppies were busted on transport. I can't get any computer or program to recognize them, just keeps saying that disk is unformatted after 15-20 seconds of grinding.

So my question is, is it possible for anyone to send me zip or rar packed contents of each disk? There's 9 of them. And yes, this is the old original red box, not a windows-compatible remake. If I could get each disk contents, one by one, I could format the defective floppies and remake them, and still have 1:1 original game.

I'll send digicam pics of the game box if proof is needed that I really have it. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Uhh, I forgot to add my email. Vixi_kitten@hotmail.com is where I can be reached at, or in this forum.

Prisma
Prisma
Otto's Yo-Yo

Request about KQ6

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:48 am

You'd be better off just buying the King's Quest Collection for $20 and getting the CD version with it.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Prisma » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:26 am

But since I have bought the floppy version already, and with it being faulty I can't even sell it further, I want to get the floppy contents. I'm quite sure you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Edit: MusicallyInspired, you're exactly right. I hope someone in here can help me. One of you great guys sent me the installed/extracted KQ6.zip already, but I really need to get the disk contents, each on it's own so I can remake the floppies.
Last edited by Prisma on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prisma
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby MusicallyInspired » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:37 am

"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:12 pm

Floppy disks are never going to last long. I've had lots just die in the box when I've only used them once. That's why I made disk images of all of my old floppies.
Maxor127

Postby Prisma » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:52 pm

I assume I posted on wrong forum to get any help. Going to try again tomorrow. I thought I was polite in my asking for help, yet all I get are comments with the lines of "Oh you did so wrong getting floppy version". *sigh*
Prisma
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:04 pm

I don't think that was the intention of these guys' posts. We're all collectors here just like you. If you detected sarcasm or opposition I'm sure it was purely unintentional. I'm sure somebody around here can help you with disk contents. Maxor, you said you have disk images stored away. Do you have the KQ6 disk images in that collection?
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Maxor127 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:59 am

Yes, but they're Mac version, and those one of the games that had a disk mysteriously give errors, but then somehow the errors stopped, I don't remember if I messed with it to fix it or what, but it scared me into making disk images of all of my floppies. They're all Mac version though. I didn't have a PC all through the 90s except for my DOS compatibility card and by then everything was on CDs. Actually I did have a 40 lbs. laptop that I used to play Hero's Quest, Conquests of Camelot, and Black Cauldron.
Maxor127

Postby Prisma » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:34 pm

Problem solved! A helpful soul uploaded the disk contents for me in one of the newsgroups, so I can remake them now. Thanks for help to you as well, MusicallyInspired and Maxor, and happy holidays :)

Prisma
Prisma
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Spong » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:14 am

If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby MusicallyInspired » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:50 am

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Spong » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:43 pm

If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Return to King's Quest