[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - KQ5 graphics issue in DOSBox

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

KQ5 graphics issue in DOSBox

Discussion about the King's Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby TerranRich » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:14 am

Hi all, huge Sierra adventure gaming fan here (SQ, KQ, QFG).

I recently purchased a copy of KQ5 on eBay, and I'm playing it under DOSBox. Everything's perfect and fine and dandy, but sometimes, in fullscreen mode, during the intro, the colors will suddenly mess up. Like every color becomes a random bright color and everything looks funky.

Does anybody know what the problem could be? I'm running it in Win XP. Thanks!
TerranRich
Otto's Yo-Yo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm

Does it look fine in Windowed mode? I've only played in Windowed mode. Full screen annoys me with the scan lines and stuff as it tries to fill up a higher resolution monitor.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Xenon Explosion » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:05 am

Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby NightShift » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:33 am

Hey, I've had the same problem anytime I try to change the volume via my keyboard. I think that if you try to access anything (like the volume and such) from within the game it does that. In changing the volume, I'll alt-tab out to the desktop, then change the volume or whatnot, then alt-tab back to the game. I've never had that color issue again, with that process. Hope this helps.
NightShift
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby TerranRich » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:47 pm

TerranRich
Otto's Yo-Yo

Return to King's Quest