[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Problem with KQ8

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Problem with KQ8

Discussion about the King's Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Problem with KQ8

Postby sarah » Tue May 16, 2006 5:10 pm

HI

After I get the ax, I come out the door and the mask continues to spin in the right bottom corner. I can't kill the guy because the mask won't stop spinning. I have played this game before about 3 years ago, and had the same problem, but I can't remember how I fixed it...please help if possible!
Save Lives; Spay or Neuter!
sarah
Otto's Yo-Yo

Problem with KQ8

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Maxor127 » Tue May 16, 2006 9:25 pm

I think that happened to me too... I gave up playing.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby 4th guy » Tue May 16, 2006 9:26 pm

If you're playing using Windows xp try setting it to compatability mode for windows 95. Do you konw how to do that?
4th guy
Graham's Feather

I'm having the same problem

Postby julz57 » Sun May 21, 2006 12:23 pm

Sarah, I was having the same problem and searched until I found a thread that answered my problem. http://www.vintage-sierra.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1181

This should help you out! It's very easy to follow and worked for me.
julz57
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Maxor127 » Mon May 22, 2006 1:32 am

Compatibility mode doesn't fix the problem. I tried every mode and it didn't help. I also tried with 3Dfx on and off and had the same result. The game plays the cutscene after you get the ax. The henchman appears and the two of you talk and Connor says "Engard", but the mask loading icon just keeps spinning and you can't move at all, but you can still bring up the inventory tab, the map, and the in-game help.
Maxor127

Postby 4th guy » Mon May 22, 2006 9:29 am

Try the "turn off advanced text services" option.
4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby Maxor127 » Mon May 22, 2006 3:46 pm

Did that... and themes... and reinstalled. Best I could do was find a save for right after the battle.
Maxor127

Postby Spong » Mon May 22, 2006 4:33 pm

I have the some problem to and I fix it but that was like a year ago and I for get about it sorry.
If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Return to King's Quest