[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Priceless Sierra Items Available

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Priceless Sierra Items Available

General Sierra Discussion

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby EricLehtinen » Sat May 15, 2010 5:02 pm

I have a collection of unique items I was fortunate enough to obtain from Sierra-Online Bellevue office just before they closed. We just had a baby and my wife is in school so we're liquidating everything we can to make ends meet. Everything is packed up so I will post pictures later. Right now I'm just looking to get the word out and the ball rolling since I know it will take finding just the right collector.

Just to confirm this is no scam. Any transaction to take place will be in person. Any interested party would need to visit me in person to assess the items. For any serious party who comes to examine the items I can arrange a meeting with the former facilities director of Sierra-Online Bellevue to confirm authenticity or answer questions.
A vehicle at least the size of a van will be necessary, mainly for the foam core posters since some are quite large, and the games take up a fair bit of volume as well.
I'm located in Redmond, WA.

A brief summary of the items:

Original artwork from the older games. Hand painted backdrops, etc. that were digitized.
A very rare piece of hardware in it's own right used for game development.
Framed prints signed by Roberta Williams.
Foam core game posters used in the Sierra office.
Trophies and awards received by Sierra.
Stack of old games. Two or three pretty old and rare items I believe.
Box of hard drives removed from the Bellevue office servers. (no idea of the contents, but don't get you hopes up since they were just servers.)
Promotional items from a few games that didn't make it to production.
The head from the Rama costume made by Dillon Works Inc. for Sierra.
Other miscellaneous items.

I'm in no hurry but interested in finding just the right party and the highest bid. A few years ago I did some business with a serious collector I believe the name was Jay from Texas (a transaction for Dreamcast development hardware and DAT tapes used in game development. I believe you moved to Washington). If you're out there Jay and interested let me know, I'd like to work with someone I've worked with before.

Once I get some pictures ready I'll post them. I don't know how active this board is or how many serious collectors are still active so this post is just to see what it's like out there. Questions are welcome.

Eric Lehtinen
Redmond, WA.
tekbug1 [at] hotmail
Last edited by EricLehtinen on Mon May 17, 2010 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
EricLehtinen
Otto's Yo-Yo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby EricLehtinen » Mon May 17, 2010 6:28 am

a few photos of the items.
I took detailed shots of what are to me the most valuable games. A spread shot of some of the bulk games.

87 photos on 5 pages so far.

EricLehtinen
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby scott3107 » Sun May 23, 2010 6:01 am

I'd be interested in some of the items.

I'm particularly interested in original artwork and perhaps a few of the games.

Is the Robeta and John Shroades signed print number 1/450? I've got 156 on the wall behind me, but 1 would be...special.

King's Quest, Space Quest, and QFG artwork are of most interest to me!
Last edited by scott3107 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scott3107
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby archimed » Wed May 26, 2010 9:14 am

Hi eric,

I hope you don't mind - I've passed your post and e-mail address along to a group of Sierra collectors who are compiling an art book that is being made with the participation of some pretty serious folks (Ken & Roberta Williams, Al Lowe, Mark Crowe, etc). I'm sure that they are overjoyed that you managed to save some of these priceless treasures from being tossed when the Bellevue location closed.

I hope that you consider allowing the art book team to scan in some of these materials before they are lost in some lucky person's private collection, so they can be shared with the world.

Thanks for posting this. I can't wait to hear how it all turns out.

(I'd buy some of your art pieces in a second if it was being parted-out, just fyi!)
archimed
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Tseki » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi Eric! You have very nice items for sale :) Do you have finnish surname?
Tseki
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby Eco » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:55 pm

That's a fine pile of stuff. I hope you find a good home for it.
Eco
Rakeesh's Court Jester

Postby Vroomfondel » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:42 am

DAMN! Those are some nice pieces there! I haven't even finished looking through them all. I don't have a lot of disposable income, but I'd definitely be interested in some of these pieces; the only problem is that I'm in CA, and Redmond is a bit out of the way. I do have a friend up there though, would having him pick things up/meet with you be alright if I do decide to buy any of the items? Also, are you looking to sell the whole lot, or would you be willing to sell only some of the items?
And I demand that I am Vroomfondel!
Vroomfondel
Saurus Herder

Postby FesterBlatz » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Is this guy still alive?

Been trying to get in touch for over a year... =/
Hut of Brown, Now Sit Down!

FesterBlatz
Site Admin

Postby Vroomfondel » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:38 pm

I think he's long gone. He never replied to my messages. A shame really, I'd love to get my hands on some of that stuff,. :?
And I demand that I am Vroomfondel!
Vroomfondel
Saurus Herder

Re: Priceless Sierra Items Available

Postby scott3107 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:07 pm

I got motivated to try and find him again to get my hands on some of that artwork and found these:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/10/10 ... not-guilty
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... 852931.php
http://q13fox.com/2013/09/30/man-who-ga ... z2k77pCKuv

Not cool. That poor kid. Looks like he's got some serious stuff going on at the moment and won't be doing much with this memorabilia.
scott3107
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Re: Priceless Sierra Items Available

Postby Eco » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:45 am

...huh. I guess he sold the stuff somewhere :roll:
Eco
Rakeesh's Court Jester

Return to Sierra Topics