[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - The Classes of Quest for Glory

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

The Classes of Quest for Glory

Discussion about the QFG Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

What is the best character class?

Fighter
11%
Magic User
No votes
Thief
67%
Paladin
22%

Total votes : 9

Postby Devon Aidendale » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:47 am

What do you think that is the best character class on Quest for Glory? I prefer Thief, the most fun one.
Comes a hero from the East
Free the man from the beast
Bring the child from the band
Drive the curser from the land.
Devon Aidendale
Otto's Yo-Yo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Vroomfondel » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:19 am

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you that the Thief definately has a more interesting path. I've kind of shied away from Fighters, as I felt that they didn't have enough side-quests. I suppose it's from starting the series with Dragon Fire.

-Vroom
And I demand that I am Vroomfondel!
Vroomfondel
Saurus Herder

Postby Maxor127 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:32 pm

I'd say thief too. Robbing places is simply the most fun you can have in the game. I never got to try as a paladin, but would've liked to. I tried to do it the real way by playing through QFG2 as a fighter and I did everything perfect except I missed a scene where the guy leaves his purse and I never had that happen so I got screwed out of being an paladin. Fighters are boring, but magic-users are decent. But they don't have a lot of special things either. And you could always be a magic-using thief.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Robin » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:18 am

Magic User, Thief & Paladin. Who need to be a fighter when you can be a paladin?

Every class is great but thief is very fun, but I really love the magic users too.
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Maxor127 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:03 am

But in order to be a paladin, you need to be a fighter and technically you need to have played QFG2 and pass the tests. So fighters are good for that at least. Otherwise they're very bland. Unless you import a character. Whenever I import a character, it asks me what class I want to be regardless of what I originally was so I can import my thief and be a paladin if I want to. But I never did since if I'm going to play a later game as a different class, I may as well do it from the beginning and import the right way.

What do you think are the best games for each respective class?

I think QFG1 was best for thieves since I thought the sequences in the house were very well done and fun. QFG2 was probably best for fighters since you could become a paladin. QFG4 was best for paladins I'd imagine although I never played, I read some cool stuff. I'm not sure which would be best for magic-users though.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Vroomfondel » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:27 pm

And I demand that I am Vroomfondel!
Vroomfondel
Saurus Herder

Postby Devon Aidendale » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:40 am

Comes a hero from the East
Free the man from the beast
Bring the child from the band
Drive the curser from the land.
Devon Aidendale