[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Gold Rush - No Sound

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Gold Rush - No Sound

Help getting these games running on your current computer

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Gold Rush - No Sound

Postby MoneyMark » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:03 pm

I have not played this game since I was quite young, but I could have sworn it had sound, just like every other golden Sierra game I played. I have tried running Gold Rush using DosBox and NAGI and neither has sound. What am I missing?

When I ran Colonel's Bequest using DosBox I simply modified the cfg file to use the std.drv for sound. That was the SCI interpreter and I do not see an option similar under AGI.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Gold Rush was always one of my favorire games ever.
MoneyMark

Gold Rush - No Sound

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Robin » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:09 am

I can't remeber is Gold Rush had much music. Maybe your version is corrupt? Unless you have an official copy.
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby QuestCollector » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:38 am

Try pressing F2 to see if sound comes up, you really shouldn't have to play gold rush on dosbox, I just install it under the command prompt in windows and it always runs fine.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:29 pm

The game says the sound is on, but I am not getting any output. I tried running it using nagi, dosbox, and now simply under XP. The game runs fine using any of the environments but I still can't get any sound.

I downloaded this version off the xtcabadonware site. I do own a copy of the game but the disks have all demagnetized over the years. I have the box, original disks (blank), and manual still so I don't really need a cracked version. I just would love to be able to play this game once again. If anyone knows of another place I could get a working version from, or how to get sound working, I'd love to hear it. Thanks for the help.

Postby Dustin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:03 pm

It sounds like your PC speaker is disabled, or malfunctioning. Try going into your mixer control panel, and see what the volume is set at. There is another alternative, but this involves opening your computer's case and finding the PC speaker and the wires leading to it, to see if they are even conected. However, I think your problem can be alleviated by going into your mixer control panel and boosting the volume output for your PC speaker. If you still can't get it to work, then go to www.virtualapple.com and play Gold Rush there. Plus it has the special Apple voice sound, whicch is better then te pc speaker beeps.
-Dustin
Dustin
Saurus Herder

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:37 am

Return to Installation Issues