[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Laura Bow 2 under Dosbox

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Laura Bow 2 under Dosbox

Help getting these games running on your current computer

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Laura Bow 2 under Dosbox

Postby QuestCollector » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:23 am

I am trying to get the speech to work on dosbox but I can't get it. I tried using all versions of it 0.58, 0.60, 0.61. I have tried all three of these. What I do when I load dosbox I mount d d:\ -t cdrom so the directory can be on C: drive. I type d:\ and install the game. I have a sound blaster audigy 2 card in my pc which is plenty capable, b/c qfg4 works and all king's quest with speech work. I have chose all the audio it would let me Sound blaster, disney sound source, thunderboard, and those ones at the top cant remember exactly what they are. What it appears is that the cd is not being read. I have read that you may have to move the audblast.drv file from SQ5 through notepad but I have no idea how. that shouldn't be the problem. If I play it through XP the speech works wonderfully, but you know about timer issues and so...

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

MY 100th POST!!!!!
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Laura Bow 2 under Dosbox

Sponsor

Sponsor

Laura Bow 2 disk version help

Postby Leyendecker » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:57 am

Leyendecker
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby QuestCollector » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:34 am

I have finally fixed LB2 myself and the game ran perfectly the whole way. Run the game in Dosbox, but use the patch that newrisingsun made for older sierra games.

You can find it here

Just manually move the files you download into the LB2 file. After I did this the game worked great and played smoothly the whole way.

Soundblaster works fine

Hope this helped...

Enjoy the Game!
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

LB2 CD...a hard find?

Postby Leyendecker » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:39 pm

Leyendecker
Otto's Yo-Yo

Return to Installation Issues