[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Urban Runner and XP?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Urban Runner and XP?

Help getting these games running on your current computer

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Urban Runner and XP?

Postby cablenut8286 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:59 pm

FIXED! Due to some missing steps!

Hi all!

Just figured that I'd give you all some info on how I got Urban Runner to run natively in XP.

1. Find a Sierra CD game that has this kind of installer:

2. Once ya find the game, get it to the above screen and eject it and insert CD1 of Urban Runner.

3. Close out the autoplay for Urban Runner and click install on the Sierra Setup Menu shown above.

4. Install the game and skip the system tests.

5. Set the Indeo Video setup screen to use Windows 95 mode instead of Windows NT.

6. Navigate to the WING folder on CD1 and install it by double clicking WSETUP.EXE.

7. Set the game's executable to use compatibility mode for Windows 95 with 256 colors and 640x480 resolution and it should run just fine!

This method may work for other Sierra games as well that have problems with their original installer in XP, I know for a fact that it works for Leisure Suit Larry 7. I don't know if there were other issues with getting the game running in XP, I just had an installation problem with it :P Lemme know if this works for you all!

P.S. - I was using the US version to do this I believe.

-cablenut8286
Last edited by cablenut8286 on Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
cablenut8286
Keapon Laffin's Stock Boy

Urban Runner and XP?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Vroomfondel » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:08 pm

Vroomfondel
Saurus Herder

Postby cablenut8286 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:08 pm

cablenut8286

Postby duffers » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:14 am

Can anyone clue me in on what game I can get the displayed installer from?
duffers
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby cablenut8286 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:20 pm

I used Betrayal In Antara to do that installation fix :) Most of the later released Sierra games had that installer.

-cablenut8286
cablenut8286

Return to Installation Issues