[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Outpost

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Outpost

Help getting these games running on your current computer

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Outpost

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:56 pm

I just decided to dust of my ancient copy of Outpost (yeah, I loved the game when it came out in '94). But when I try to run the setup prgroam, I get this message
"Please insert the 'Oupost Launch Control Disk'
in you floppy drive. When you have completed
this difficult task, enter teh drive lettter in this box:"

Anyone know what thsi disk is? I couldn't find any reference to it on the CD, and Google searches weren't forthcoming either.

Outpost

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Robin » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:46 pm

I have both versions, and the CD version was much better than the disc version.

The your start up disk is probably corrupt.
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Maxor127 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:04 pm

I remember thinking how cool that looked when I saw it in Interaction. I always wished I got it. Now I've read reviews that say the game is horrible. Same with Betrayal in Antara. I heard that was horrible too. I'm glad it wasn't related to the Krondor series now.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:07 pm

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:44 pm

You need a floppy disk in edition to the CD to play the game? If I'm reading right, then that's pretty crappy.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby MusicallyInspired » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:23 pm

I think the way it goes is if you get the CD version it comes with a "Launch Disk" and in this case the launch disk is corrupt. I think that's still pretty lame, though...weird.
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:19 pm

Return to Installation Issues