[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - King's Quest III - Tandy Color Computer 3 512k version

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

King's Quest III - Tandy Color Computer 3 512k version

Show off your collection

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Kojote » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:38 pm

Hi. I wanted to show you a game I've had for a long time. KQ3 for Radio Shack's Tandy Color Computer 3. The computer used to be called "TRS-80" Color Computer, but they changed it to "Tandy" on the third model. I still have a couple of these computers, with accessories sitting in my closet at home. This was the only Sierra game I had for it. I upgraded the computer from 128k to 512k just to play this game! I also had a MFM/RLL 10MB hard drive that I installed the game on. Yes, 10MB, not 10GB. The hard drive is still in my closet, so maybe a copy of the game is still on it.

Game packaging is open, but in like-new condition, with original plastic wrapper on it. Price sticker of $34.95! I even have the hint book but can't find the viewer. It's in an original Sierra two-piece slip cover box.

Anyone know how rare this version is of the game? I wonder who the developer was that did this port of the game?

Kojote
Otto's Yo-Yo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Psychic » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:50 pm

Due to that black platform sticker I'd say it's pretty obscure alright.
How rare exactly, hard to say but at least
the rarest of those gold slip cover releases (1987)
and rarer than some grey boxes (1986).

I recall seeing that black sticker sometime before,
but couldn't find if I had saved it
(I save all the Sierra pics that I run into; there's about 3200).
www.springbringer.com - Fantasy Comic Book World, Music etc!
www.springbringer.com/fantasya/ - Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI museum
Psychic
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

CoCo Version.

Postby glenvdb » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:34 pm

glenvdb
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby MusicallyInspired » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:44 pm

Sorry to bump this thread, but there hasn't been much conversation around lately, so....I don't care :D.

I also have this for the CoCo, but mine doesn't have enough ram to be able to play it :(. Too bad. Fond memories I have of the CoCo. Wanted to see what it was like on that system.
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby QuestCollector » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:44 am

I'm sure that copy was common in radio shack stores, because if I remember Tandy Computers were usually carried only by radio shack.

It seems that they would be common in radio shack, but no where else. And the copies were probably very limited.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Xenon Explosion » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:52 am

I would say that any CoCo release with a black sticker like that is considerably more rare than one with a regular system requirements sticker and the silver "TANDY" sticker on the front. You could always bet that if it had the silver sticker, it came from a Radio Shack.

That said, is there a reason for the increased number of disks? Did the CoCo version have better graphics? Certainly better sound with the 3-voice speaker, right?

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby JeffPaine » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:44 am

Tandy CoCo isn't the same as Tandy 1000.
JeffPaine
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:24 pm

That's right. It definitely is not.
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby rien » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:07 pm

rien
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby MusicallyInspired » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:26 am

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Return to Collections