[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Fable

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Fable

Discussion the growing interest in software collecting

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Fable

Postby faeornran » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:49 am

faeornran
Saurus Herder

Fable

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Fable

Postby Kenneth » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:44 pm

Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Re: Fable

Postby WanderLady » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:12 pm

The game is legit. My box is different because it's an American version but they are essentially the same.
Telstar is the publisher, while SIR-TECH is the distributor and prominent name on the box; those guys get all the credit, I guess :shock:.
WanderLady
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby faeornran » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:52 pm

faeornran
Saurus Herder

Postby vintagegames » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:18 am

vintagegames
Saurus Herder

Postby WanderLady » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:01 pm

Going by that eBay pic, the differences are not too tremendous.
The floating mountain map is on the inner right flap rather than the left, and is framed, not the size of the flap. The American version looks to have less information on the bottom flap. The cover is likely the same.
Why, if I may ask? Just curious?
WanderLady

Postby vintagegames » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:37 am

Thanks for the answer.

You mean why am I asking?

Well, I like to all non-budget box variations of a game in my collection, so I am always eager to learn about them. Quite often, US and UK versions are quite a bit different (with the exception of Sierra games). The best example for me are Broken Sword- Circle Of Blood and Syndicate, where I only found out about the very different (and in the first case much nicer) US boxes this year.

So I take it that the US edition also opens like a book?
vintagegames
Saurus Herder

Postby WanderLady » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:16 am

WanderLady

Postby vintagegames » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:01 am

vintagegames
Saurus Herder

Postby Austin2359 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:15 pm

Is this game any good by the way? I've seen of the old fable before too when I searched for the new one on gamefaqs.net.
Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Return to Collector's Corner