[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - EGA versions (and other rarities) request

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

EGA versions (and other rarities) request

Discussion the growing interest in software collecting

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Spike » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:36 pm

I'm not sure that is evidence. SierraOriginals versions, like the one in the Yahoo auction, of games that had disk and CD versions are quite often the disk version on CD (this doesn't apply to later games, like KQ6, LSL6 etc).

On Dr. Brain, a Wiki SCI page says: Castle of Dr. Brain (CD version (if it actually differs))

It also says that for LSL1VGA on CD, which as I know is purely the disks on CD.

Maybe a rerelease did happen, but it was nothing to get excited about. I'm sure it was never talkie or enhanced. I've spoken to Corey Cole about it before, and although he never mentioned CD versions, he did indicate that after the game was made, he didn't care so much about Dr. Brain after that, largely because Sierra gave it to someone else.

UPDATE: http://www.amazon.com/Castle-Dr-Brain-S ... B000GI5KHO

It's a SierraOriginals release, so as far as I'm concerned, there was never a CD version, just a rerelease.

- Spike
Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Larry53 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:23 pm

You're an EGA fan i see :D

I prefer VGA 256 colors which is the best graphics for me.

But i agree EGA games have a lot of charm.
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby MusicallyInspired » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:18 pm

Of course VGA is better. But collecting the EGA games as well are a must for me. If I wanted to actually play the games, I'd play the VGA versions.
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Xenon Explosion » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:50 am

I've never played SQ5 in EGA, only in VGA. I remember a part when you crawl into the maintenace tube of the ship to change the fuses, if you pull one of the fuses, it goes from 256c to 16c.... So what happens there in the 16c version?? :)

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Heh. I remember I tried it out one time to see what would happen. It changes to CGA instead of EGA!

You can try it out just change the video driver to 640x480 EGA instead of 320x240 VGA in the INSTALL screen.
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Spike » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:57 pm

That's awesome! I'm gonna post this on the JT, if you don't mind.

- Spike
Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

Previous

Return to Collector's Corner