[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - CD not working not even to install.

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

CD not working not even to install.

Discussion about the GK Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby dinobot20 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:48 pm

Yeah I still have my GK cd from when I was 6 and I have all the games theya re fun but I cant play sins of the father I try ti instaal and its says error Some thing is divided by 0 and cuts off this does this with my space quest collection cds as well and space quest 6 kings quest 6 and 7 anyone know why it wont even let me install the games? Because I use to be able to even in XP so anyone know what might be wrong?

Long Live the old games for they are the best =)
dinobot20
Otto's Yo-Yo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Dustin » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:32 am

You need to use a utility called DOSBox. It emulates DOS so that you can play these older games almost perfectly. You can even control the speed on how each game runs, making it really easy to dial in a certain game so it will run like it did back in the day.

Another great utility is VDMSound. It emulates old soundcards(like the old SoundBlasters, and Adlib cards) and thus, makes it possible to play the games in full sound.

Let us know if you have anymore issues, :D
-Dustin
Dustin
Saurus Herder

Dos box

Postby dinobot20 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:34 pm

yeah been sitting her 2 hours trying figure out how this porgram work any hints on how to get stuff off the cd?
dinobot20
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby QuestCollector » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:40 pm

If you are using dosbox you have to mount your cd drive. when you mount it, it will say mscdex (something like that) installed. It can then read your cd and place in a directory. to mount your drive for example type mount d d:/ -t cdrom
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby dinobot20 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:26 pm

Sorry once again to bother you but after I mount my cdrom drive whats the code to get it to start up? I read the readme file and that just confuses me ... I miss old dos where it was just type C: =( lol why did they have to mess everthign up with XP ahh well.
dinobot20
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby QuestCollector » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:46 am

Ok.

If you haven't made any changes, you should start out in a Z: drive directory. To change to you C: drive, all you have to do is type mount c c:\

If you want to always start dosbox up in the C: drive go to the dosbox.cfg in your start menu. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and type

Mount C C:\
C:

What I did was type

mount c c:\oldgames
c:

the oldgames was the folder on my C: drive containing all of my games that need to be played on dosbox. Hope this helped you out and good luck with the games.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Return to Gabriel Knight