[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Help :(

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Help :(

Discussion about the Ecoquest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby knight83 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:47 pm

Hi guys... I wasn't sure if I could get help here, but I can't get any help in the abandonia website forums. Ok, here it goes.... I downloaded Turbo and DosBox, got EcoQuest 1 to install and run, got Loom to run without even installing... but when I click and drag the EcoQuest 2 INSTALL.exe to the DosBox program, it keeps saying I have to mount drive C:.... well, I do that but when I close out of it, and try the dragging thing again, it just gives me the same message... is there something I can do, cuz I made a donation to abandonia, and I really really really wanna play this game. Thanks for the help on the EcoQuest disks!

Knight83
knight83
Otto's Yo-Yo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:08 am

You should install D-Fend in addition to DOSBox, it makes setting it up a lot easier. With it, you can create profiles for each game and select its game .exe and install.exe, which disks to mount, sound, etc. If you want to install a game from the disks, you could still the first disk in the drive, then open up D-Fend and create a new profile and then when it asks for the game and install files, browse and select the install file on the disk, then click the forward arrows, setting up as you go. I'd leave everything the way it is until you get to CPU Cycles (I usually set that to 10,000 or more. It depends on the game and how fast your computer is. When you get to the Mounting section, you should do the Auto Create option. I'm guessing it will mount drive A: but you'll probably need C: too if you're going to install to the hard drive, so you'll have to add that manually. When adding a new drive, all of the options should speak for themselves. The only thing you don't need to worry about is Drive Label. I enable Input/Output control even though I don't know what it does. It says it's recommended for Windows XP so I take their word for it.

If the game installs normal as it should, then you shouldn't need the disks anymore to play the game. What I'd do is delete the current profile for EcoQuest and this time start a new one using the files installed onto the hard drive and you can set it up any way you want. You should only have to mount C:. Or you could just edit the current profile.

If the game still didn't install, then you could try putting each disk into the disk drive and dragging the files into a folder yourself.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby WanderLady » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:19 am

Are you trying to run from DOS only?
Do you have disks, or did you download?
WanderLady
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby knight83 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:07 pm

knight83
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:22 pm

Postby Nobara » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:58 pm