[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Box Art for the new Fall 2006 XP Compatib Quest Compilations

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Box Art for the new Fall 2006 XP Compatib Quest Compilations

Check here for any Sierra or site related news

Moderator: FesterBlatz

Postby MusicallyInspired » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:47 am

Well, if this doesn't confirm the release of the collections, I don't know what does. And they're on Vivendi's own site, too! I particularly like the box artwork for the SQ Collection the best. The PQ collection is the same as the "4 Most Wanted" collection but all of the boxes have a nice big "Works with Windows XP" statement on them.

Space Quest:

King's Quest:

Leisure Suit Larry:

Police Quest:

The Larry collection seems to only have 5 games, though. And there is no QFG collection at all.
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Larry53 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:46 am

The King Quest box is the worst :cry: It's not bad but it seems to be another game...

The others are great.

The police quest artwork was previously used for the last compilation.
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby WanderLady » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:17 am

When it was first mentioned here, I didn't dismiss it, but I wasn't enthused.
Now, I am genuinely excited, especially towards Space Quest. Finally, I'll have SQ6 to play.
I wonder what price they'll smack on it.
$29.99 seems reasonable. Beyond that I'll wait.
WanderLady
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Maxor127 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:10 pm

I like the King's Quest box art. It's sort of like KQ3's box, which is one of my favorites. The image in the crystal ball probably ties in with KQ8, although I haven't really played it. I guess you could argue the guy in armor and the dragon convey a false sense of what the games are about, but I don't mind. I like all of the boxes except Police Quest since it's the same as the old collection. They should've used the bloody hand box art that they planned but never released for Police Quest IV.

After looking at the boxes closely, I noticed something very disappointing. Not all of the games for each series are included. If you look closely, King's Quest says 7 full games. I'm guessing they left out KQ8, which is the one that needs XP compatibility the most and could use some enhancing. Police Quest looks like it's only 1-4. Once again leaving out the games that people might actually have trouble running in Windows, not that they were that great anyways, I was hoping they'd include one of the later FPS SWAT games since those got good reviews. Space Quest looks like it has all 6 games. For some reason Larry says it only has 5 games, so I'm guessing they left out VII. That's pretty disappointing to me and makes me think that the games won't be specially coded for XP and instead they'll include an emulator or slow down features for the DOS games. But the sad thing is that they're going backwards and including less games than the previous collections so they're really not offering anything to people who already own the older collections except for new boxes.

I was expecting all of the current games in each series PLUS MORE, like unofficial remakes and maybe some random games not related to a series similar to King's Quest including the Laura Bow and Mother Goose games. They could've spread the other less popular games across the collections and included them as well leaving some for the inevitable Quest for Glory collection. And I know VU wouldn't have done it, but if I were rereleasing these games, I would've included scans of the different manuals and box art associated with the included games, plus disk images for alternate systems or I would've just remade the games to be XP native and included new features and options like graphic enhancements similar to DosBox or IIgs sound for the older AGI games, plus MT-32 sound converted to general midi.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby QuestCollector » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:57 pm

This is unbelievable. This has made my day. Now I have to preorder them again.

I am really hoping they will make the quest for glory collection too. Maybe they are waiting on QFG2VGA, I doubt it, but it could be a possiblilty.

Anyways great find Brandon.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Spong » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:05 pm

Wow it on all the forum it on the SQ.net forum the subspace channel and Quadrant G6 too and now this one I can`t wait to get my hands on the new Space quest Series.
If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby Vroomfondel » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:26 pm

AHHH!! SO HAPPY! Now only one question remains for me: Will they be sold in stores too, or only online?!

-Vroom
And I demand that I am Vroomfondel!
Vroomfondel
Saurus Herder

Postby Spong » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:46 pm

I hope they get it in store better then online
If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby Xenon Explosion » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:14 am

Interesting... they all say "Works with Windows XP" except for Police Quest. And I noticed the smaller number of games in Larry and KQ, too. Maybe they aren't including Larry 7 because they can't reproduce the "CyberSniff 2000?" I've had problems running LSL7 in XP, and even under DosBox so it would have been cool to have that. :-/

The lack of a QFG collection gives me mixed feelings. It sucks that it's not being re-released, but it's also good since it will keep the prices of those games high for a while... from a collector's perspective ;)

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Kenneth » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:48 pm

Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Robin » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:55 am

See new photos of the space quest collection here:
http://vintage-sierra.com/forum/viewtop ... 2703#12703
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby vintagegames » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:56 pm

vintagegames
Saurus Herder

Return to News